HOW BENEFITS ARE PAID
The Department of Labor and Employment's Unemployment Insurance Benefits program
- Establishment of claimant entitlement to unemployment insurance benefits.
- Processing and payment of claims against wages paid by Colorado employers and acting as
an agent for individuals filing claims against wages earned in other states.
- Periodic review and monitoring of claimant eligibility.
- Quality control, overpayment collections and detection programs to ensure accurate
payment of claims.
- Fair and impartial hearings before a referee when eligibility and entitlement
decisions are appealed.
All individuals may take advantage of the full range of job placement services
listed in the Employment Services section on
the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment Home Page.